For phase 3, some may be concerned with how you are going to meet the requirements of the posts and the site views. Even when you visit your site and your peers visit your sites, you get one hit from each visit. You can email your family and friends and ask them to visit and even comment on the topics of your site. The security warning is present, but if you tell others about it then people will visit it. You may also post the URL on a social media site such as Facebook or twitter.
Be sure to take screen shots of all the objectives required for this assignment and post them in the word document. Each phase is building upon the previous phases so you are submitting a cumulative word document showing that you have mastered the objectives of this course. For phase 3, you will build upon what was submitted for phase 1 and phase 2. This is a cumulative project that should should show screen shots of all the required objectives. It is expected that you will use your phase 2 and 1 assignments also.
This phase paper should be formatted with a title page and include the screen shots along with the text and all other requirements. You are submitting a paper not just images as screen shots for phase 3. You can retrieve all submitted files by going back to that assignment under the assignments page.
The sites are removed from the server so the project offers a portfolio item to keep in case you do not publish this outside this course. People are always looking for WordPress developers.
- Develop a WordPress site that teaches others about a hobby. You must include at least 6 pages with fully developed content and media. In addition to the homepage you must have 2 parents pages.
- You site must have proof of the having completed the following objectives by showing a screenshot for each objective below. This is a project that is built upon each previous phase submission:
- Adding Pages
- Setting Up Categories
- Using Tags
- Adding Video
- Adding Images
- Show correct image and content citation. All images and content must be cited in MLA. You must have the works cited visible on your WordPress site. You can not count the works cited as one of the 6 pages.
- Fully developed content (There is no question as to if your site is lacking content or not complete.) (MLA citation of all sources referenced)
- At least 4 images with proper mla image citations.
- Color scheme that passes AAA accessibility guidelines (Screenshot attached of background and text color of site results showing pass of AAA accessibility test at colorexplorer.com)
- Widgets and plugins
- Customizing your word press theme with css
- Worked with template files and tags
- Concentrated on 4 area to improve usability and documented what was done to improve usability and how did the change improve usability.
- Included a SEO Tool
- Included an Analytics/Statistics Tracking Tool
- For ONE week you must try to promote or advertise traffic to your site. Encourage users to participate in your blogs.
- USING ANALYTIC SCREEN SHOTS YOU MUST PROVE YOU HAVE 100 VISITORS and also that you have 3 people who have participated with your WordPress site by leaving 3 comments on your site. (These comments can not be critiques of the site but rather show conversations about the topic of your site.)
- At least 3 additional Plugins of your choice
Show correct image and content citation. All images and content must be cited in MLA. You must have the works cited visible on your WordPress site. You can not count the works cited as one of the 6 pages.
Provide the url to the WordPress page in the submissions box. Provide an explanation of 600 – 800 word proof on:
- How you completed the objectives above in your wordpress site. Reference the Usability Guidelines and be sure to describe what 4 areas you concentrated on to improve usability, how to improve usability in these areas, and what are the expected usability results. You must reference and cite the usability guidelines for full credit. What do your web sitecolors mean to the western world? What does your site colors tell users about your web site?
- Provide an explanation of how you have high accessibility in your web site. Screen shots of tools used with documentation can be accepted.
- What SEO tool have you used? Why did you pick this one? Provide an explanation of your marketing tactic you have used to accomplish the following:
- Who can get the most hits?
- Who can get the most hits from countries outside the US?
- Who can get the most pages visited?
- Who can get the highest time length visited?
- What 3 plugins did you choose to add to your web site to increase your marketability? Provide and explanation of the purpose of these tools.
- This phase paper should be formatted with a title page and include the screen shots along with the text and all other requirements. You are submitting a paper not just images as screen shots for phase 3. You can retrieve all submitted files by going back to that assignment under the assignments page.
- Go to the Phase 3 Forums and post the results of your analytic so your peers can see your results. You must also upload the results here by an image or screenshot pasted in a MS Word document.